STEPS for Kids supports parents by providing a variety of educational programs that increase understanding and empower parents as advocates for their children. Programs are held at the clinic or various locations in the community. Our workshops are appropriate for PTO groups, Parent Support Groups, Special Needs Support Groups and other parent groups. We strive to bring important and relevant information to the community through a variety of topics related to child development and sensory processing disorder. Community presentations available include but are not limited to the following topics:
- Introduction to Sensory Processing Differences and Disorders
- Sensory Processing Foundations of Development
- Sense-Able Strategies for Everyday: Using Sensory Tools at Home and School
- Kids at Work: The Importance of Play
- Is It Sensory or Is It Behavior?
- Sensationally Gifted: Giftedness and SPD
- Executive Function Skills: Helping Children Succeed
- Self-Regulation: Strategies for Everyday
STEPS for Kids also provides community education by hosting outside speakers experienced in areas such as behavior management, nutrition and feeding, child health and wellness, medical concerns, psychological and educational issues, special needs advocacy and other topics of interest.
Contact Us to schedule a workshop for your group or to learn more about our education programs.
Debra Johnson, MS, OTR/L is also a contracted provider of workshops through Summit Professional Education.
Learn more about our workshops for educators and professionals.