As part of STEPS for Kids’ commitment to educating and empowering others, The Right STEPS Community and Professional Education Program provides parents and professionals with information about a variety of topics related to development and supporting children with special needs. Topics are appropriate for both professionals and parents, addressing concerns from physical skills to behavior to mental health. Our workshops are designed to empower others with the knowledge and skills needed to support all children.
Presentations can be tailored to meet the needs of your group, from topic and depth of information to the length of the presentation. We can provide a one-hour introduction to a topic or provide in depth training through half day workshops. Our goal is to make professional education fun and engaging while providing relevant information and useful tools for each audience.
Presentation topics include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Sensory Processing Differences and Disorders
- Sensory Processing Foundations for Development and Learning
- Sense-Able Strategies for Home and School
- Is It Sensory or Is It Behavior?
- Self-Regulation: Techniques and Strategies for Everyday
- Supporting Executive Function For Success
- Handwriting Readiness and Skill Development
- Kids At Work: The Importance of Play
- Sensationally Gifted: Giftedness and SPD
- Anxiety and Depression in Children
- Supporting Language Development in Young Children
- The Importance of Relationships and Play in Development
1581 Sycamore Rd - Yorkville, IL 60560
Phone: 630-552-9890 / Fax: 630-552-9891